Over the past several months, I have created a 12 week, online group program for those who are ready to reset, revive and redesign their lifestyle. Get ready to learn how to fuel your body the right way that leaves you feeling rejuvenated and create a better relationship with yourself and the way you nourish your body. This program has been a HUGE labor of love for me and I want to share it with all of you. This is a chance to work with me for next to nothing and I couldn’t be more excited about sharing it.
I know you’re probably thinking that I should be writing about specific foods to increase heart health or recipes that you can mindlessly fix and eat. I am still going to guide you in amazing food choices for your health, but it’s not only about the food. I’ve been on my own personal journey towards ultimate health and living a life I love that feels so good inside and out. I want to tell you that you can eat kale, blueberries and green smoothies until you are blue in the face, but that still doesn’t make you healthy inside and out.
Nourishing your body happens on a physical, emotional and a spirit level. Often times we are so checked out and plugged in to social media 28 hours a day (yes, I know there’s only 24 hours in a day but you catch my drift) that we tend to neglect what we should really be plugged into…YOU- your body, your heart, your mind! It can be rather intimidating and down right confusing to go from plugged in (to social media) and checked out (of your body), to being still and present with your body, heart and spirit. More often than not, we are afraid to sit with what we are feeling emotionally and physically. We simply ignore it because well, we think, “ain’t nobody got time for that!” Well, I’m here to invite you to let go of that belief and reprogram that it to something like, “I love paying attention to how I feel!” The cool part is once you feel that, those emotions and physical ailments tend to release. You feel less stressed, less overwhelmed, more energized and more fulfilled. Are you shaking your head YES or thinking, “Maybe I need to pay more attention? Maybe it IS more than just eating healthy?” If so, its time to do take action! Were you like, “What the %$#* is she talking about?” OR, did this make you angry? If it did, I invite you to sit with that and look at why this just pissed you off. If you are wanting more and need some guidance, than maybe, just maybe, you should consider doing something for yourself!
Here’s a little secret…when you change your inner world, pay more attention to yourself, love yourself, and stay true to who you are, everything around you moves in that direction to support that feeling. Cliff note version…when you love yourself, you attract people who are on the same level, so bye bye drama, bye bye headaches, bye bye stomach pain and HELLLLLLO healthy eating, healthy thoughts and amazing relationships! (I could go on, but you catch my drift)
Over the course of these 12 weeks, I will help you expand your knowledge and give you inside information that will keep you ahead of the game in health and life. You’ll get expert advice to help you separate nutrition fact from fiction and bring a fresh perspective on health and wellness. All of this information is individualized even though it’s a group setting. There is also a bonus week where you’ll learn how maintain the lifestyle you create because we all know that sometimes you fall off the horse and it can be really easy to just stay on the ground and never get back up. Learning how to get back on the horse with grace and ease is key to your success and happiness.
So if you have been putting yourself last, waiting for the “right time” to reach out to me, telling yourself that you’ll do it when you have the money and time, there is really no time like the present! That’s really all we have and why they call it “the present” right? Loving yourself, your body and your mind can be hard at times, but you owe it to yourself to heal that relationship so you can open yourself up to all of the possibilities that life, love, and health have to offer you. They are just around the corner, and I would LOVE to guide you there!
Show yourself some love this month with 5 foods to increase heart health:
1. Sit for 5 minutes everyday and just breathe…. Yep. Nothing else. Keep your eyes open, look out the window, go sit outside in the sun and just BE.
2. Include these foods in your dietary regime to increase omega 3’s and create a balance between omega 3 and omega 6. We already get loads of omega 6’s in our diet, sometimes too much which can lead to inflammation as those are proinflammatory molecules. Omega 3’s are anti-inflammatory, so pump it up y’all and eat some Salmon and Tuna
3. Nuts! Pecans, Walnuts, Almonds, Pine Nuts and Pistachios are all chock-full of vitamins, minerals, heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and low levels of saturated fats.
4. Did you say Chocolate? I tell my clients that I always have dark chocolate in this house, if I don’t there is going to be a problem! Some research suggests cocoa may help lower blood pressure. It appears that a compound in cocoa, called epicatechin, boosts nitric oxide, a substance that has been shown to be crucial to healthy blood vessels. Plentiful levels of nitric oxide help keep blood pressure from climbing. Be sure to choose dark chocolate, ideally one that’s 70 percent cocoa solids. Milk chocolate lacks significant levels of epicatechin.
5. Sweet Potatoes: These guys contain about 448mg of potassium which is about 12% of our daily recommended amount. Potassium in sweet potatoes helps maintain normal heart function and the balance of sodium and water in the body. Potassium helps the kidneys excrete excess sodium, thereby contributing to healthy blood pressure. This mineral is especially important for people taking diuretics for heart disease which combat sodium and water retention but also strip potassium from the body in the process.
All of those are great to add into your diet, but remember to add variety. There are many reasons that eating a variety of foods in your diet helps increase your health. It allows your body to gather a plethora of nutrients and not just the same ones over and over again. It also helps to reduce your risk of creating food sensitivities. Another quick note, if you want to reduce your illness this flu and cold season, I HIGHLY recommend taking a probiotic that has over 1 billion strands in it. Another hint, it must be taken EVERYDAY for it to work.
Here’s to LOVE, HEALTH and ABUNDANCE in your life this month and always!
So are you ready to learn a little more about what you can gain from this program? Let me show you…