OK, ok I guess you do need some good energy and nutrient dense foods to sustain you during those hours of dancing, cycling, running, whatever you do to get yourself moving… here are some recipes you might enjoy!
Sustaining Quick Sandwich (1 serving)
-2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted (or Gluten Free bread if you are like me )
-1 tbsp unsalted creamy almond butter
-1 medium banana, sliced
-2/3 oz seedless raisins
-a few sprinkles of cinnamon
-Spread the tablespoon of peanut butter evenly on a slice of bread. Sprinkle cinnamon over the top of the almond butter
-Add the seedless raisins and press them down lightly into the almond butter
-Add the sliced banana pieces and top with the other slice of bread
Best Performance Oatmeal!
-1/2 cup rolled oats ( Bobs Red Mill is certified GF)
-1 cup water
– 1 banana (ripe)
1 tbsp Peanut Butter, Sun Butter or Almond Butter
-2 tsp 100% real maple syrup
-2 tbsp ground flaxseed
-cinnamon to taste
-1 cup almond milk
- Combine water and rolled oats in a bowl and heat in a microwave on high for 1 minutes and 45 seconds.
- Combine maple syrup, nut butter, ground flaxseed and cinnamon.
- Slice Banana and put in oatmeal.
- Serve with a glass of chilled almond milk if you so choose.
Mango Black Bean Quinoa with Pineapple Salsa
– ½ cup frozen mango
– ½ cup black beans
– 2 cups baby spinach
– 2 tbsp walnuts
– 1/3 cup Trader Joe’s Pineapple Salsa
– 1 cup cooked quinoa
– dried, crushed red pepper flakes
– chopped fresh cilantro
- In a non-stick pan, heat mango until warm and add black beans, Pineapple Salsa, walnuts, red pepper flakes, and fresh cilantro. Heat until warm.
- On a plate layer baby spinach, cooked quinoa and top with salsa mixture.
- Add extra fresh cilantro if desired and serve.
There are a few to try!! I personally love all of these, that’s why I am sharing them!
Oooo!! I can’t wait to try these recipes! Thanks!!