Lately, I am noticed that chia seeds have taken stage in the media. So I figured since they are the talk of different food and nutrition articles I would let you in on all the awesome things to know about chia seeds. So here goes!
Chia seeds have a light nutty taste and they are super easy to add to any recipe. They are the richest non- marine form of Omega 3’s and an excellent source of fiber. Here are some great reasons why you should try these little seeds.
- They can help you lose weight! Yay, they actually help reduce food cravings.
- High fiber content, keeps you full for a longer period of time. Chia seeds actually absorb 10x their weight in water, and in the intestine this forms a bulky gel that helps to get rid of waste in your body and keep you regular!
- Like I said before, its the riches plant form of Omega 3’s.
- Help control blood pressure, due to the high level of omega 3’s it helps to normalize BP.
- Helps to better control blood sugar levels.
- Contains 6X more calcium than milk!
- They are easier for your body to digest than flaxseeds and you do not need to grind them up to absorb the health benefits!
Ways to Enjoy!
- Eat them Raw. If you love the nutty flavor alone, go for it!
- You can soak them in fruit juice.
- Add them to quinoa, millet, pasta, etc.
- Add them into baked goods like breads and biscuits.
- Sprinkle them on your salads.
So Go ahead and get your Chia Seed on!!