Don’t throw out your juicing pulp – make these delicious muffins!
- 3 c oat flour
- 2 c juice pulp
- ¼ c milled flax seed or flax meal
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ c coconut oil ( melted)
- ¾ c almond or coconut milk
- ¾ c maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. If you’re baking bread, lightly grease your bread pans; if baking muffins, grease muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, flax meal, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon together. Then mix in the pulp and follow with the oil, almond milk, and maple syrup.
- Mix until just combined. Batter should be like normal quick bread or muffin batter, so if it is too thick, add more liquid — milk.
- Then divide into half for bread or portion out into individual muffin tins.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes for bread, or 20 to 25 minutes for standard muffins.
- Repeat with rest of batter — bread is done when set in middle and lightly golden brown.
- Let cool before serving or storing in your refrigerator (or freezing!).