PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
General Practices and Policies
1. Colleen recommends recurring sessions at the MINIMUM of 1 month. In order to achieve your health goals it is necessary to have recurring treatment.
2. All lab work is to be submitted within two weeks of the request. Any lab work not submitted within this timeframe will not be reviewed.
3. Missed appointments without 24-hour notice will not be rescheduled.
4. Sessions are 60 minutes in length unless otherwise noted.
5. You, the client, are responsible for calling the conference line number for each scheduled session. This information is located in your Private Patient Forum (Google doc). All of this is set up after the deposit is taken.
6. Sessions are completed via telephone conference line unless you request a Skype session.
7. All sessions must be used within the time frame of your program. Your Program Starts with your Results Session.
8. Fast Track: Must be used within 5 weeks
9. Level 1 must be used within 8 weeks
10. Levels 2 and 3 must be used within 4 months.
11. There are NO exceptions.
- In order to cancel or reschedule an appointment, 24-hour notice is required.
- The only exception to the 24-hour cancellation notice requirement is if you have an emergency, in which case we ask that you notify us as quickly as possible. Emergencies are: death in the family, emergency room visits and acute sickness of you or a family member.
12. All packages include emails in between sessions, however, please do not send more than one email per day. Please allow 1-2 business days to receive a response.
13. You are expected to be fully prepared for each session. The success of the program relies on the amount of effort that each client is willing to contribute to improving his or her own health.
14. You are expected to continue communication and sessions even though you may be travelling. This is made possible due to the virtual nature of this program and it is paramount that structure is established and maintained. The only exception is if the nature of the travel does not allow any time for a session.
15. Programs are prepaid unless a payment plan has been established.
16. Deposits are due at the initial sign up of the program.
17. There are NO Refunds.
18. Clients on a payment plan are responsible for 100% of the remaining balance due on the account even afterthe program has expired.
19. Any questions that arise during treatment should be written down and emailed to Colleen at Colleen@Colleen-McCarthy.com two days prior to each session.
20. You are expected to show up for yourself and do the work, please commit to spending time each week reviewing goals, reading assigned materials, journaling and completing exercises as assigned. You are responsible for doing the work. Colleen cannot do the work for you.
21. Please be prepared before each session, including ensuring outside commitments and all other communication is non-existent during designated times with Colleen. (ex. Turn off cell phones, other distracting devices electronic or otherwise) Outside interruptions should not happen during scheduled sessions, although we understand life happens.
22. Payment is made in full unless an alternative payment plan has been made. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Amex and Discover. Payment may be made using the online portal PayPal.
23. Deposits must be provided prior to any lab testing kits being sent out via FedEx.
24. Results are based on your willingness to adhere to the program and are often dependent upon a lifestyle change over time.
25. You are expected to pay for your lab blood draws. This is a minimal charge of approximately $25.00. We cannot cover lab charges for this program due to clients utilizing labs throughout the United States.
26. At the time of your appointment with Colleen you will call this number:
Dial-in Number: (605)562-3140 Access Code: 130170#:
25. All sessions must be finished within the time frame of the program.
26. Your program starts at your Results Session date.
27. All test kits, result packets, and anything else that Colleen mails you will be shipped out on Mondays only.
Financial Policy and Information
Colleen McCarthy RDN, LDN does not accept health insurance. This is a virtual practice, and health insurance does not cover this form of consultation. Virtual is defined as telephone or Skype consultations, so typically these appointments are 100% out-of-pocket for the client.
In general, insurance companies are not focused on preventive or wellness services. They are heavily invested in the conventional model of healthcare that too often relies on drugs and surgery. We are committed to the functional medicine model that addresses the underlying causes of your symptoms with specific nutritional and lifestyle recommendations.
Deposit is due in full at the time of signing up with Colleen and the contract is verbally agreed on. This contract will be signed as well. Payments are accepted via Paypal. Credit Card information will be taken via phone or secure fax line/ email. Payment plans are available and will be detailed in advance.
- Payment plans are debited from your account via PayPal on the 3rd of month.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- Sessions will be cancelled if payments are not received at least 48 hours in advance.
- You are expected to pay for your blood draw for the MRT test. This is a minimal charge of approximately $25. We cannot cover lab charges for this program due to clients utilizing labs throughout the United States.
- There are no refunds.
- Deposits are made BEFORE any tests are ordered and materials shipped out.
- Payments are due on the 3rd of each month if you are on a payment plan unless we have discussed another date.
- Declined cards are subject to $25 fee, if happens multiple times. For everyday past 3 days of being late, there is an additional $5 charge. Please let us know BEFORE the 2nd if you need to change your card on file.
Private Programs with Colleen McCarthy RDN
- I have read and agree to all the policies and procedures on the previous pages entitled “Policies and Procedures”.
- I understand that full payment or agreed payment option is due in advance and that my sessions are scheduled once my payment has been received.
- I agree to provide 24 hour notice for any change or cancellation of sessions. I understand that I will be charged for any missed sessions if I do not provide this notice.
- I will be available at the agreed upon time for telephone meetings. I understand that if I am more than 10 minutes late, Colleen will forfeit my session.
- I understand that program sessions are to be completed in the scheduled time frame of my program (i.e, 8wk, 3 month, 4 month). Unless otherwise agreed, sessions not scheduled within the agreed time frame will be forfeited.
- I understand the purpose of my sessions is to assist my in goals related to my health, nutrition, lifestyle growth.
- I give Colleen permission to be honest, direct, supportive, and to challenge me.
- I understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my personal well being, including my choices and decisions. I understand that I am always free to reject any advice, recommendations, suggestions or requests made by Colleen in the program.
- I understand that my confidentiality will be honored unless required by law to disclose information about me and I have given permission.
- I understand that any balance left on my account even after the program is finished, I am fully responsible to pay the rest of the balance.
- I have seen and acknowledge the HIPAA Policies and Practices. Everything discussed will be confidential.
- I understand that there is a $25 fee for returned/ declined payments and for every day over day 5 that it is late, there is an additional $5 charge. Please let us know if you plan on changing your card BEFORE your payment is due to avoid fees.